Calendars and Schedules
Notes about the school calendar:
The first day of school for Launch students is Monday, August 24th.
- From August 24th-September 4th we will be holding Launch Orientation for ALL students (returning and new) in ALL grades.
- Students will be getting to know their new teachers, their new classmates, and what our community is doing to make this year engaging and motivational! We are looking into outdoor activities to supplement some of the on-line activities we have planned.
- We will be taking attendance starting on August 24th.
- We are setting aside a longer-than-usual orientation window to help make sure we are building strong relationships, supporting students in feeling like they belong, and setting up our entire community for success this year!
2020-2021 School Year Calendar
- Our 2020-2021 school year calendar is in the works! We have been waiting to hear from the DOE on their calendar. To that end, we plan on publishing a draft of our calendar the week of August 10th.
Sample Student Schedule – Distance Learning – 2020-2021
Notes about the sample student schedule:
- Students will receive 180 minutes of synchronous instruction in each core content area with additional related homework assignments
- Students will be able to attend remote office hours for additional support and, based on data, students will receive small group instruction especially around literacy or math
- Teachers will teach their LIVE lesson to students during Period 1, Period 2 and Period 3.
- Students will be placed in classes of between 26-30 students to ensure more attention is paid to each child rather than our Spring 2020 class size that was generally between 40 and 50 students.
- The day will begin at 9am for students to allow teachers an hour of prep time and co-teaching check ins. This will also allow us to conduct a safe student arrival process for those students who are attending supervised learning in the building.
- Attendance will be taken all period on Alma.
- Most teachers will have at least a full day to plan, analyze data, grade work, and reach out to families.
- We will reserve the time from 3:30-4:30 each day for department or grade level meetings, staff crew, or work-plan related PD.
Sample Teacher Schedule – Distance Learning – 2020-2021
Staff Arrival Procedures
- Staff Arrival Time: 7:40-7:55
- Entrance: Main Building Entrance for PS 243
- Step 1 - Check-In using the automated Launch clock-in system and answer the daily screening questions if you have not already completed them
- Step 2 - Temperature Check - All adults will be screened
- Step 3 - Mask Distribution - All adults receive a mask if they do not have one
Student Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- Student arrival will take place between 8:00-9:00am each day to allow for social distancing during arrival procedures
- Each grade level will have a dedicated entrance for arrival and dismissal
- All families will be required to answer daily screening questions prior to arrival
- All students will undergo a temperature check upon arrival and will receive a mask, if they do not already have one of their own
Calendar of Virtual Events