Information for the 2016-2017 School Year
- Applications for the 2016-17 school year are due by April 1, 2016.
- The 6th Grade Lottery will be held on April 4, 2016 @ 10am
- Seats for 7th and 8th grades will be offered in May 2016.
- Click here to complete the online application. It is easier and processes right away!
- Paper applications can be picked up from our Main Office.
By New York state law, charter schools must give preference to residents of the school district in which the school is located. Siblings must also be given preference in order to give families the option of staying together in one school. Accordingly, Launch has established the following preferences and procedures for the lottery:
1) All residents of Community School District 16 will be given first preference. All District 16 applicant cards will be placed in the drum and pulled first.
2) When all District 16 names have been pulled, the remaining applicant cards will be placed in the drum and pulled.
3) If a sibling/twin is pulled at any time, the next open seat or waitlist number will be assigned to the other sibling/twin.
We expect that not everyone that is assigned a seat will accept or be able to attend Launch in the fall. After all 112 seats have been filled, all applicant cards will continue to be pulled and assigned a waitlist number in the order in which they are drawn. As seats open up, we will immediately notify the next applicant on the waiting list.
- By law, the lottery must be random and fair and must NOT be conducted by any Launch employee or by anyone related to any applicant.
- An independent auditor will be present and all proceedings will be videotaped to ensure accuracy and fairness.
- All proceedings are documented, verified, and secured for verification.